Baked Butternut Squash Vegan Mac n “Cheese”
- 3 cups dry pasta noodles
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 3/4 cup nut milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp basil and oregano mixed Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- lots of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F, slice a butternut squash in half, remove seeds, and roast for about 35 min.
- Cook pasta noodles until they’re just almost done, drain and set aside in pot. When squash is done lower oven heat to 350F.
- In a blender, add in roasted squash (skin removed), nut milk, and seasonings and pulse until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add sauce to pot with noodles, mix around, and pour into a greased cast iron skillet or other baking dish.
- Add some pumpkin seeds, chili flakes, and cherry tomatoes on top and bake for 10 minutes. For a crisper top, broil on high for 2 minutes!
- Serve right away or store in fridge for 3 days max.
** Feel free to add some nutritional yeast to the sauce for a cheesier taste, ironically I’ve never liked the taste of cheese lol.